Awards & Memberships
In recognition of his contribution, involvement and commitment for the promotion of tourism in the country, Shriji Arvind Singh Mewar has been conferred:
- Shriji was awarded the Life Time Achievement Award 2015 of the 5th Annual Readers' Travel Awards 2015 by Conde Nast Traveller.
- Shriji Arvind Singh Mewar of Udaipur was bestowed with the VIII Annual Gala WT Institution Award 2012 for ‘Contribution to Universal Culture’ at the General Assembly of United Nations Headquarters in New York for his leadership and work through the Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation, Udaipur. WT is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
- Shriji Arvind Singh Mewar of Udaipur was bestowed with the HIFI Hall of Fame Award on the 12th January 2012.
- Shriji was awarded 'Royal of the Year' by Hello magazine in its Hello! Hall of Fame awards ceremony on the 9th November 2011
- The Hall of Fame Award by the Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO) for the year 2009.
- The TATA AIG Lifetime Achievement Award by Galileo Express TravelWorld for 2008.
- The prestigious ‘Agastya Award’ by the Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI) for the year 2001.
- Shriji has been an active member of the prestigious World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)
For the Government of Rajasthan, he has been
- Advisor to the Rajiv Gandhi Tourism Development Mission.
- An Executive Member of The Rajasthan Foundation
- On the National Advisory Board of the Jaipur Virasat Foundation, Jaipur and an Honorary Patron of the Jaipur Heritage International Festival.
He is Patron of
- Patron of the K & K Social Foundation (Kashmir to Kerala), Mumbai
- Council of Advisory with Leap Foundation's for SPPEEDD India, Mumbai
- Advisory Board for the APAC CXO Forum
- Udaipur Chapter of Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH}
- Rajasthan Association of North America (RANA)
- Taj Association of Art, Culture and Heritage (TAACH) and
- Trustee of Meher Bhargava Foundation, Lucknow
- Chairman of Implementation and Coordination Committee - Dewas Project, Udaipur
Shriji has been associated with several organizations as Chief Patron:
- Maharana Pratap Smarak Samiti, Udaipur
- Sargam Kala Parishad, Nathdwara
- Itshean India Blood Bank, Udaipur
- Maharana Pratap Museum, Haldighati, and member of The 1001 – A nature trust, WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) International - Founded by HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands in 1971
As a promoter and patron of sports in India and worldwide, Shriji has been the:
- Patron of the Udaipur Equine Institute and Imperial Riding and Polo Club
- Patron of The Cambridge and Newmarket Polo Club, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Shriji has been a member of:
- The Royal Society of British Artists, London, UK
- Shriji Arvind Singh Mewar of Udaipur was bestowed with an Honorary Membership of The Grenadiers Association and took the Grenadiers oath on 27th March 2011.
- Primary member of Confederation of Indian Industry - Family Business Network India Chapter
- Amateur Riders Club - Mumbai,
- The Taj Chambers, Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, Mumbai
- Delhi Polo Club and a Steward of the Indian Polo Association and
- The Royal Western India Turf Club, Mumbai
- The Rajasthan Cricket Association,
- The Cricket Club of India,
- The Bombay Cricket Association,
- The Bombay Gymkhana and
- The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), UK
- Vauxhall Owners Club, UK
- M.G. Owners Club, UK and
- Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club, UK (for Rolls-Royce & Bentley Enthusiasts)
- Lions Club, Udaipur
- Field Club, Udaipur
- Naka Madar Resident’s Welfare Society